W.D. Cowan Associates delivers professional sales training courses matched to a sales rep’s career stage. Individual reps learn the knowledge and develop the skills that are appropriate to their level of experience.
By choosing from a curriculum of over a dozen courses, sales reps have the opportunity to continue to improve their skills as they become more experienced.
All courses are logically connected and build-on, amplify, and reinforce each other. The ideas presented and skills developed are those that 21st century customers demand of today’s sales professionals.
- Registration is limited to 6 - 12 per class.
- Full documentation is provided.
- Senior reps are welcome to attend courses focused at earlier career stages to review / reinforce their basic knowledge.
- Content and fees are subject to change without notice.
- Class dates are chosen and communicated when sufficient interest is registered to hold a minimum-sized class.
- Note: Please call and register your full range of interest for your sales staff. (No fee is payable at this point.)
- Classes are held at accessible business venues / hotels in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) or other cities, as appropriate.
- Hotel accommodation will be recommended for out-of-town attendees.
- Fee payment is required only when a course date has been set, communicated, and accepted.
- Fees are payable in full prior to the start of any confirmed course and are non-refundable 48 hours or less prior to the start of a confirmed course.
Categorized Course Listing
New to Sales
Up to about 2 years experience.
100. SALES BASICS (2 DAYS)
Sales awareness, territory and call planning, time management, prospecting, planning and closing.
110. SALES SKILLS FOR OCCASIONAL SELLERS (1 DAY)
Introduces basic sales concepts and activities to those whose main job is not sales. Also beneficial to those who supervise or act in support of sales people.
About 2 to about 5 years experience.
200. SALES PROCESS WORKSHOP (2 DAYS)
Defines and develops a formal, multi-step Sales Process to improve sales effectiveness and efficiency.
210. HOW TO SELL WITHOUT DISCOUNTING (2 DAYS)
A dollar of discount equals a dollar of profit. How to stop giving profit away.
220. HOW TO MAXIMIZE YOUR SELLING TIME (1 DAY)
Strategies and awareness to let you get more selling time out of your day.
230. BETTER SALES PRESENTATIONS (2 DAYS)
Steps to create a more believable and compelling sales presentation.
Senior / Advanced Sales
5 or more years experience.
300. COMPETITIVE SELLING (2 DAYS)
Strategies and tactics to use in highly competitive markets where customers are reluctant to buy and new prospects are few.
310. HOW TO CALL AT THE EXECUTIVE LEVEL (1 DAY)
Why, how and when should you call on senior executives.
320. TRUSTED ADVISOR SELLING (1 DAY)
How to work with the elements of Trust to eliminate the competition from your key accounts.
330. VALUE SELLING (1 DAY)
How to win in highly price-sensitive markets or where product / service differentiation is very difficult.
At least 6 months in a management position.
400. HOW TO BE A GREAT SALES MANAGER (2 DAYS)
How top sales managers created and lead high-performing sales teams. The 6 steps in the Practice of Sales Management
410. SALES MANAGEMENT ROUND TABLE WORKSHOP (1 DAY)
A round-table workshop focused on discussing key issues faced by sales managers in today's frantic marketplaces. (Request a minimum of 1 full year of experience)
420. SALES COACHING TECHNIQUES (1 DAY)
How to be a successful coach for your team. Activities that will bring positive results and better performance.