100. Sales Basics
Category: I. New to Sales (Up to about 2 years experience)
Course Objective and Content: This program introduces those new to sales to the fundamental concepts of establishing a sales presence and setting up a "sales territory". It focuses on the basic skills and actions that are necessary to become a successful sales professional.
Key Topics Covered:
- The Profession of Selling in the 21st century.
- The 3 Eras of Selling and the salesperson's role.
- Planning how to cover your territory.
- Using your time effectively and efficiently.
- Creating winning first impressions.
- Call Planning: The structure of a successful sales call.
a. Who should you be talking to?
b. Making initial contact.
c. Listening skills.
d. Cold-calling and the use of scripts.
- What is Qualifying? Why is it so important?
- What information do you have to have to make the sale?
- Presenting your product or service.
- How and when to Close the Sale.
- Dealing with Objections / Rejection.
Preparation: Attendees should be prepared to discuss their initial experiences as new sales reps. What expectations were set? What has been surprising / unexpected?
Duration: 2 days (9 to 4:30 daily)
Location: Toronto (GTA)
Dates: TBA (Note: Call and register your interest)
Fee: Please Inquire